EntelliGuard G circuit breakers are the newest line of GE low-voltage circuit breakers, the next step in the evolution of a line known for its exceptional reliability and performance. They are available in 3- and 4-pole designs rated from 400A to 6000A, with fault interruption ratings up to 200kAIC.
Now with 600V & 1000V DC Photovoltaic Switch Ratings, UL489B
− 800A−3200A, 30kA Interruption with or without isolating both DC legs
− Time Constant (L/R) = 15msec
Now with 100KAIC @ 635V AC in an Envelope 2 Breaker (400A − 3200A).
EntelliGuard TU Trip Unit
Integral to the EntelliGuard G breakers are the new, state-of-the-art EntelliGuard TU Trip Units, which provide superior system protection, system reliability, monitoring and communications. The breaker-trip unit system delivers superior circuit protection without compromising either selectivity or arc flash protection.
The EntelliGuard breaker-trip unit system demonstrates yet again GE's core competencies in reliable electric power distribution, circuit protection and personnel protection.
Arc Flash Protection and Selectivity: Now you don't have to choose
Reliable circuit and equipment protection has always been the circuit breaker's primary purpose. Providing appropriate overcurrent protection while preserving selective coordination to maximize system reliability is the main goal of virtually every system designer. And that was once good enough. It isn't anymore.
Modern economic reality and the regulatory environment demand system performance while recognizing the need to protect against the arc flash hazards that expose maintenance personnel to dangerous levels of heat, electrical energy, debris from damaged equipment and concussive forces. The challenge is to provide both better personnel protection by minimizing arc flash hazards and maintain electrical power to mission-critical loads. But these objectives often seem to conflict, pitting the speed and sensitivity required to optimize safety against the sequence of operations and interlocking required to maximize power system availability.
The EntelliGuard G breaker-trip unit system meets the challenge. It achieves selectivity in a wide range of situations without excessive sacrifice of arc flash protection. With its Reduced Energy Let-through setting (RELT), the system protects at HRC1 or 2 for available fault currents as high as 100kA.
Configure Now. (empower login required)
Features and Benefits
- The breaker is designed to ANSI/UL1066, UL489 and IEC standards. It carries a UL, cUL and CE label.
- Multiple Short Time bands under 100ms optimally fit above the Instantaneous clearing times.
- Alternate Instantaneous setting (RELT) mitigates arc flash hazard while maintaining complete selectivity during normal operation. Remote activation can be safely achieved with off-the-shelf devices or, for networked systems, RELT can be activated via the communications port. RELT annunciation can be direct or indirect, either locally on the equipment or remotely via control devices or the industrial network.
- Adjustable ST and GF Zone Selective Interlocking optimizes restrained and unrestrained bands.
- Zone Selective Instantaneous protection, multiple zone protection, 3 cycle clearing and selectivity are provided simultaneously.
- Instantaneous trip adjusts up to 30X trip plug rating.
- In addition to arc flash protection and selectivity features, the EntelliGuard TU also includes many new innovative features:
- Availability to choose two different industry-recognized open communication protocols: Modbus RTU or Profibus DP.
- As the industry’s only completely universal spare/replacement trip unit, it can be installed in any EntelliGuard G circuit breaker, regardless of frame size, sensor size, short circuit rating or standard (UL, ANSI). Patent pending.
- Time current curves compatible with traditional fuse curves, along with more and tighter breaker curves, ensure accurate coordination. Regardless of what mix of protective devices your system includes – electronic trips, thermal magnetic circuit breakers or fuses – the EntelliGuard TU has the right curve shape to fit your system’s needs.
- Ground Fault curves compatible with common fuse ground fault curves. If you have fused feeders under the circuit breaker with the ground fault protection, you can optimize selectivity without giving up protection and still meet code-mandated requirements.
- The industry’s only true Zone Selective Interlocking (ZSI) works with Ground Fault Protection (G’FP), Short Time (ST) and Instantaneous (I), and includes the ability to set precise clearing times of each circuit breaker when restrained or unrestrained.
- There are more than 20 different types of factory installed and loose accessories available for the EntelliGuard G circuit breaker. Whether it's a bell alarm contact, key interlock or redundant shunt trips, we have the accessory combinations to meet your need!