EPM 4500 Multi-point Submetering System
The GE EPM 4500 is an easy-to-use multi-tenant energy/demand data logging meter suitable for new construction or retrofit applications. The integral LCD display provides access to electrical parameters in real-time or historical formats. The EPM 4500 is available in 120/208V, 120/240V delta, 277/480V, 480V delta or 347/600V. Other optional packages include delta configuration for 480V or 600V configurations. CTs are available in solid or split core applications. The EPM 4500 can be ordered in specific circuit sizes, depending on application and electrical service requirements.
The EPM 4500 is a single wall mountable, tamper resistant enclosure that can be located away from the electrical circuits to be monitored. Its single rugged metal enclosure is designed for fast installation.
The EPM 4500 meter provides local, real-time viewing, per-phase of voltage, current, power factor, phase angle, watts, kVARs, kVA and frequency. Event reporting with time and date stamps regarding consumption, demand resets, power ups/downs, and time changes is available through LCD display. Non-volatile flash memory retains daily and interval metering data during power outages. Backup battery is also provided to maintain time during power outages.
The EPM 4500 provides standard communication over PLC (Power Line Communications) where the AC lines act as the communication medium - perfect for retrofit applications where placing new communication lines can be difficult and expensive. Data can be retrieved via GE or third-party software through the use of a transponder. Modbus communication is also available as an option. EPM 4500 utilizes a patented, two-way Power Line Communications technology as a standard feature to send and receive data over the existing power lines without the need of additional communication wiring. GE's PLC technology is an extremely reliable and cost-effective solution.
Features and Benefits
- Monitoring and Metering
- Real-time per-phase viewing of voltage, current, power factor, phase angle, watts, VARs, VA and frequency
- Event reporting with time and date stamps regarding power consumption, demand resets, power-ups/downs, and is available via LCD for viewing
- User Interface
- Modbus RS-485 (optional)
- Up to 4 pulse inputs (optional)
- IEC optical front panel interface for programming
- Multi-point energy demand data logging
- Revenue certifiable metering
- Meets ANSI C12/1 accuracy
- Wall mountable, easy-to-install enclosures
- Local LCD viewing
- Communication over existing AC power lines (PLC) or with optional Modbus
- Ideal for commercial, residential and industrial submetering applications requiring multi-point energy data logging. This includes multi-point high-rise, garden style apartment, condos or office suites.